Development Manager: Business, Management & Digital Skills
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by leading universities around the globe and cultural institutions such as The British Museum, BFI and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are looking for a Development Manager with a strong acumen in Business, Management and Digital Skills.
The Development Manager will lead the development of the portfolio of courses on FutureLearn, with a focus on Business & Management and Digital Skills. They will work in the FutureLearn content team alongside the Senior Development Manager: Healthcare and our team of partnership managers.
Specifically, they will:
- Own the content strategy and define the target curriculum for Business & Management and Digital Skills, in agreement with the Strategic Lead for Portfolio Development and the Director of Strategy, including determining how the proposition should be defined, organised and prioritised to deliver maximum revenues for FutureLearn and Partners. For example: Business Schools, Universities, Professional Organisations etc.
- Build on existing domain knowledge of the Business & Management and Digital Skills markets, and the developments and players within it
- Source data, insights and partner feedback to inform further definition of the target curriculum - including drawing on internal market analysis capabilities for this
- Develop existing and new partner relationships to deliver target curriculum within Business & Management and Digital Skills, including selling the opportunity, negotiating deals and agreeing incentives / terms
- Build and manage the curriculum pipeline, including coordinating communication, prioritising conversations / relationships, communicating progress and ensuring specifications are met.
- Communicate market-led recommendations to other teams within FutureLearn - including content, marketing and product - as needed.
This person will work seamlessly with the Partnerships, Content and B2B teams, which includes:
- Sharing best practice and collateral with other curriculum leads as relevant
- Very close coordination with Relationship Managers and Partnership Managers
- Shared legal, administrative and comms support from the B2B team
- Stakeholders in other strategic teams where there may be overlap / shared benefits
This person will report to the Head of Content and will not have any direct line reports.
- Relevant experience in education, training and development, particularly in Business, Management and Digital Skills, ideally with networks in these sectors
- Sales, negotiation and partner engagement skills
- Ability to think laterally and adapt approach on the fly
- Ability to creating engaging, tailored sales assets, including rough financial modelling
- Communication skills, and the ability to work closely with a cross-functional team
- Project management skills - organisation, planning, attention to detail
- Adept at using market and other quantitative / financial data to inform decision making and build a business case
- Relevant experience of online / digital course or product development
- Experience of business development and partner engagement
- Collaborative, with an interest in sharing insights and coaching other team members
- 28 days holiday, plus eight public holidays
- Buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.