Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden. This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and the University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run thousands of online courses that have attracted 9 million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 22 million enrolments. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in the extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
About the role
The Creative Lead will leverage a deep understanding of the FutureLearn brand and the needs of our three key audiences (learners, educators and employers) and translate those insights into engaging and inspiring creative concepts. You will work alongside our art director and lead a team of talented copywriters, managing priorities and ensuring our content remains true to our brand values and purpose. You will be brimming with creative ideas and able to craft and refine them in order to delight our customers and meet our business objectives. The Creative Lead will have risen through the ranks of copywriting and will have experience of working with designers to create compelling content at the highest level.
- Lead the copywriting team, providing clear direction to the team and ensuring that all written content is compelling and meets brand guidelines
- Conceive, create and deliver remarkable ideas and content that engages our audience and tells the FutureLearn story
- Work alongside the Art Director to lead on creative strategy, content conception and delivery
- Write world-class strategic and creative responses to internal briefs and present them to wider team
- Conceptualise original ideas that will be delivered to a global audience across a range of channels
- Oversee and sign off all copy briefs
- Understand and adapt approaches for different communication platforms
- Create strategic, insight-driven approaches to inform and justify creative thinking
- Develop the FutureLearn tone of voice
- Analyse and communicate campaign learnings and feed these insights into new briefs
- Strategic thinker using audience, cultural and brand insights to create excellent concepts and creative ideas, communicated through excellent copywriting skills
- Proven experience of managing creative work and copywriting teams to time, scope and budgets
- Polished and confident presentation and listening skills, able to lead creative workshops and meetings to scope out requirements
- Experience in developing creative briefs and conceptual ideas, working with copywriters and designers to produce and present ideas and obtain input from the marketing team to gain support and sign-off
- Very creative in concept creation, ideas, messages and campaigns, with a passion for all things creative and an understanding of the latest creative trends
- Experience of running A/B or multivariate tests to optimise copy to improve conversion rates
- Proven ability to measure and analyse the effectiveness of copy in achieving revenue and conversion business goals
- Proven ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure, managing several projects at one time often to critical deadlines
- A team player, able to work to brief and understanding of brand values
- Passionate about education and technology
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description . This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
Applications close for this role on midnight 13th August
Please contact [email protected] if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.