Senior Partnership Development Manager
The purpose of this role is to support the global partnerships team in developing a successful partner recruitment strategy.
You will be joining a small but effective team providing focus to a dedicated set of prospects across multiple sectors at both a strategic and executional level. The aim is to research and develop new and relevant leads, which can be progressed to contract. Success will be measured by the number of course creating partners brought into FutureLearn. The ground is shifting fast and you will bring an appetite to learn about and own relevant target sectors. FutureLearn holds itself to exceptionally high standards in the courses it builds with partners and the organisations with which it works. You will be expected to grasp this vast network quickly and execute successfully against a partner recruitment plan.
You will be responsible for demonstrating FutureLearn's credentials as the social online learning market leader to new prospects, and managing all stages of the partner recruitment process. Reporting to the Director of Partner Recruitment, you will be the leading relationship owner between FutureLearn and its world class partnership base. You will work with the senior teams at higher education institutions and specialist organisations to drive successful partnerships.
- Contribute to the development of Business Development and Account Management strategies, while setting up targets.
- Develop and execute a strategic development plan to achieve targets and expand the company’s global partnership base with a focus on developing more valuable partnerships.
- Develop in-depth market knowledge of the Higher Education sector through research.
- Analyse key performance indicators and populate key contacts using our CRM system.
- Qualify, develop, and close partnerships with Universities and other institutions, removing obstacles at any stage.
- Build strong relationships with key contacts at a mid and senior levels to drive strategic engagement.
- Accurately forecast deal flow.
- Drive revenue by supporting partners in their efforts to deliver high quality online courses.
- Network and build relationships within target prospects in order to understand key decision makers and inform the technology and product teams.
- Work with the senior management team to develop marketing and sales proposals for targeted audiences.
- Recruitment and training of new joiners and junior staff.
- Demonstrated success in partner or business development within the technology sector with fast growing companies.
- A proven high achiever, and willing to roll up your sleeves to play an important part in growing an extraordinary, forward thinking, company that believes in delivering the best open learning experiences on the internet.
- Self-motivated, organised, and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets consistently.
- Experience in the Higher Education Sector and a genuine passion for technology, learning and the digital transformation in education.
- Knowledge of current teaching practices and pedagogical innovation.
- You will be comfortable presenting to groups and senior prospects, to deliver key messages and handle objections effectively.
- Naturally collaborative in a multi-disciplinary team, flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit and daily breakfast
- Complimentary breakfast
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.