Operations Support Lead - Maternity Leave Cover 10 months Fixed Term
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and full online degrees run by the world’s leading universities from around the globe, and cultural institutions such as The British Museum, BFI, and the British Council. Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives.
We're looking for a brilliant Operations Support Lead to provide maternity leave cover for a fixed term period of 10 months, to assist in the delivery of FutureLearn’s paid products and services and help our learners from all over the world with queries or problems they might have about things they have purchased from FutureLearn. The successful candidate will ensure that our learners love every interaction with FutureLearn so much that they want to tell others about how brilliant we are, even when they have a problem.
The Operations Support Lead will be specifically responsible for dealing end-to-end delivery of products to customers, including:
- Quality assurance of certificates, exams and other items sold by FutureLearn
- Smooth delivery of any products purchased by learners on FutureLearn
- General day-to-day management of third-party suppliers who provide services for learners on FutureLearn’s behalf (including but not limited to ID verification, assessment provision and certificate printing)
- Being the first point of contact for educators who have queries about certificates
- Being the first point of contact for learners/organisations who have queries about any item they have purchased from us
The Operations Support Lead will also work hand-in-hand with our Community Team, to:
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the learner's problem; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution; following up to ensure resolution
- Triage support tickets and flag urgent content or product issues to the relevant team within FutureLearn
- Record and analyse learner experience insights and report feedback to product team
- Write new FAQ items around common purchase queries
- Demonstrable hands-on experience managing online support by email or using tools such as Zendesk, Get Satisfaction and similar
- Experience of customer service
- Project management and problem solving experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Experience of supplier management
- A meticulous eye for detail and a methodical manner
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday) pro rated for duration of fixed term contract
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas, fruit & daily breakfast.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.