FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by leading universities around the globe and cultural institutions such as The British Museum, BFI and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We’re now looking for a Digital Copywriter / UX Writer to join our friendly team for three days each week, starting in September. This will initially be on a three-month, fixed-term contract, which is likely to be extended by nine months or more.
You’ll be working closely with UX/UI Designers and Researchers, Developers, Product Managers and Marketers, to:
- write digital copy for new products and services
- iteratively improve existing user experiences
- help establish a new tone of voice and style guide for FutureLearn.
Ideally, you’ll be:
- comfortable with working collaboratively, in an agile environment, on a digital product or service
- able to demonstrate a history of working closely with designers and developers on complex challenges
- experienced at writing a variety of digital content – from microcopy to landing pages to emails
- able to write copy in line with our existing tone of voice, and play a key role in refreshing it
- interested in finding out more about the needs of international audiences via user research, and improving copy in line with their feedback
- skilled at juggling a diverse workload – from ad hoc copy edits to major web development projects
- interested in the world of education and curious to learn something new everyday.
- Up to £32k (pro-rated for three days per week) depending on experience
- 28 days holiday (pro-rata), plus eight public holidays
- Buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
No recruitment agencies please.