Reporting to: Content Marketing Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and the University of Groningen. We also offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run thousands of online courses that have attracted 9 million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 22 million enrolments. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in the extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re now looking for a copywriter with demonstrable SEO and UX experience to join our growing team in Camden, London, UK. We’re looking for someone creative, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for creating engaging and persuasive copy.
You’ll be working with our marketing, UX/UI design and research teams, as well as other copywriters.
- Help us to maintain and develop our tone of voice and consistency across the platform
- Join a small number of copywriters, sharing responsibilities and expertise
- Write and iteratively improve UI copy for new products, services and user experiences
- Propose, write and edit copy for multiple touchpoints (CRM, social, editorial, video)
The successful candidate will be part of a growing copywriting team and will report directly to one of our Senior Marketing Managers.
- Experienced in writing a variety of copy for marketing channels and UX including, but not limited to: blogs, social media, microcopy, landing pages and transactional emails
- Able to demonstrate a high level of acumen with SEO from keyword research to writing search optimised copy and reporting on results
- Proven experience of working closely with UX/UI Designers and developers in an agile environment
- Interested in the world of education and curious to learn something new everyday
- Appreciative of the needs of international audiences e.g. consciously writing in plain English for non-native English speakers
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a digital product across multiple teams
- Skilled at juggling a diverse workload – from ad hoc copy edits to major projects
- Open to working with research and data teams to inform your writing style and continually improve copy on the platform
- Happy to switch between informative and editorial copy.
- Willing to embrace narrative, conversational and user-focused design
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description. This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
The closing date for application is on Tuesday 13th at midnight UK time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.