Chief Content and Partnerships Officer
CHIEF CONTENT & PARTNERSHIPS OFFICER
FutureLearn Background Summary:
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. Nearly 10 million people worldwide have signed up to FutureLearn courses. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses and degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It is also the online platform underpinning government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education
Role Summary/ Overview - Chief Content & Partnerships Officer:
The Chief Content & Partnerships Officer (CCPO) will lead all content and partnerships activity for FutureLearn and will be responsible for developing Learning across the platform and partnership.
The CCPO will make FutureLearn a world leader in the identification, commissioning, production and delivery of high quality learning content - courses, microcredentials and degrees - that is both enjoyable and effective, high profile and builds FutureLearn’s reputation with learners, educators and employers.
The CCPO will build a content commissioning and production operation that is efficient and effective and moves FutureLearn from being supply to demand led. In partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer the CCPO will make FutureLearn a world leader in the capture and analysis of learner and job market data to inform content commissioning and identify future trends in employment and learner demand.
They will oversee all partnerships for FutureLearn, growing the range and depth of partnerships around the world, in particular developing deeper strategic relationships with universities and major employers who will create more valuable content and qualifications.
Purpose of the role:
- To leverage network and relationships to attract world leading academic institutions, employers and commercial organisations, government and professional organisations to be FutureLearn strategic content partners
- To introduce content commissioning across short courses, microcredentials anddegrees
- To work with the Chief Strategy Officer on content strategy and to create a world class data driven operation that can feed off SEEK’s data and insights
- To develop and scale up FutureLearn’s in-house production capability
- To introduce executive production of external suppliers eg. Universities, employers and agencies
- Work with Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Finance Officer to develop clear and consistent commercial terms and up-selling new services to partners
- To build a global sales and partnership operation and organise the team effectively so that touch points with partners are carefully and efficiently managed and duplication is minimised
- To manage high quality partner support for FutureLearn’s wide range of partners, including effective account management for most strategic partnerships
- To deliver against partnership commercial targets working with and delivering to Chief Revenue Officer requirements
- To reboot the relationship with the Open University (OU) and make them to standout strategic partnership for FutureLearn
- Build relationships with partners at the most senior levels to ensure they areaware of and leveraging the full capability of FutureLearn
To be successful in the role of Chief Content & Partnerships Officer, it will be important for the incumbent to have knowledge of:
- Expert: Building strong commercial relationships externally leveragingprofessional networks
- Expert: Have a clear understanding of being a world leader in the identification, commissioning, production and delivery of high quality learning content
- Expert: Building a high profile company reputation with consumers, educators and employers
- Expert: Deep understanding of the big picture across a company and how the combined efforts of all of the strategic teams fits together
- Expert: Leading sales and business development to drive for commercial outcomes
- Expert: Possesses a strategic mindset and has high levels of commercial acumen and financial literacy
- Expert: Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to motivate and effectively manage a large and varied team
- Desirable: Previous experience within content and/ or partnerships driven organisations or a working knowledge appropriate to the CCPO role
- Has proven experience of building and rapidly growing external partnerships and is at ease communicating externally to the market
- Has an established track record in the identification, commissioning, productionand delivery of high quality learning content
- Has leveraged key stakeholders in sales and business development showing themselves to be a natural collaborator
- Has an understanding how new technology, partnerships and changes in the market create new opportunities and how to capitalise on them
- Has proven to be a strong cross functional leader, with strong management skills and experience leading larger teams as well as partnering closely with internal stakeholders
- Has a proven track record of leadership and for establishing a vision, strategy and future direction for a team has worked at a senior level within a commercial, digital business including experience of working with digital product development teams
In such a role requiring a considerable amount of collaboration and teamwork across multiple business areas, it will be essential that the CCPO would be:
- Results orientated - clear and collaborative, focused and outcome driven
- Relationship management - articulate and able to quickly win trust and build relationships; self confident and able to challenge and be challenged
- Entrepreneurial - very bright and energetic; able to operate in a fast moving environment which changes quickly
- Resilient, mature and able to handle frustration and set backs and comfortable with ambiguity and compromise
- High levels of integrity and strong values; straightforward, objective, low ego and happy to work in an environment where ‘sleeves need to be rolled up’ from time to time
- Has a global mindset and is culturally sensitive; able to think and act globally
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Known for being a strong collaborator as a member of their leadership team; has high energy, is proactive and curious; a true agile operator
- High levels of business acumen; possesses strong influencing skills - working through others
- Able to ‘live by’ the FutureLearn Values
- BE OPEN - We’re transparent with our learners, our partners and each other about what we’re doing and why
- EMPOWER OTHERS - We help our learners, our partners and each other be the best they can be, welcoming anyone to the FutureLearn community
- LEARN TOGETHER - We listen to and address the needs of our learners and partners, celebrating our successes and learning from our failures
- THINK BIG - We strive to transform education - and change our learners’ lives, our partners’ businesses and the world in the process
- HAVE FUN - We make online learning enjoyable for our learners and our partners alike, and have fun while we’re doing it!
A comprehensive benefits package is available
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please answers the following questions;
1. Tell us the 3 reasons why you would be an asset to Future Learn
2. Tell us the 3 key skills you have which you believe would be an asset for this specific role
3. Tell us the 3 key reasons why you want to work for FutureLearn
4. Tell us the 3 ways you believe you align with the values of Future Learn
The closing date for application is July 23rd at midnight UK time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require any help of support during the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBTQ+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.