Lead Customer Success Engineer
Lead Customer Success Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Product Management
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden and you must have the right to work in the UK
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lead Customer Success Engineer provides expert support about our platform to our most engaged partners who are using FutureLearn to deliver credentials, from microcredentials to full masters degrees.
They engage with our partners from early in the sales process, through integration to launching credentials on the platform and then support them ongoing as their goals evolve and help them make use of FutureLearn’s latest capabilities.
They work with our partners to understand their needs and evangelise about how these can be met using FutureLearn’s existing products and services and provide advice about best practice in how to deploy them. They build close relationships with our partners IT teams and support initial set up and integration using our APIs and their ongoing use.
They provide first line technical support to protect the product development teams from day-to-day distractions and provide the teams with insights about how our product can better meet the needs of our partners.
The Lead Customer Success Engineer is also responsible for developing and designing the processes and materials that will enable us to scale our support and customer success activities as more partners offer credentials without needing to grow the team proportionally.
We’re looking for someone with experience who will complement our existing Customer Success Engineer who will be able to develop, support and line manage them. They will report to the Head of Product Management.
- Provide leadership to the growing Customer Success Engineering discipline and line manage and coach other Customer Success Engineers
- Champion the Customer Success Engineer discipline and collaborate with Partnership Managers, Key Account Directors, Product Managers and others to improve the overall approach to customer success at FutureLearn
- Own, manage and run integration projects with partners
- Develop scalable processes and materials to enable us to service a growing number of partners
- Educate and empower our partners to deliver credentials on FutureLearn
- Be the technical point of contact for existing partners offering credentials
- Communicate how new features that we ship can be used by partners
- Produce the collateral and design the workshops that will allow university IT teams to quickly and efficiently get up and running
- Collaborate with product teams on producing technical and user experience documentation
- Gather and provide the product team with customer insights to help shape the product roadmap
- Create webinars, blog posts, white papers, tutorials and other communications that support technical teams using FutureLearn
- Occasionally carry out development work on aspects of the product used by partners such as our API or create scripts to automate certain tasks
- Be responsible for nurturing and supporting the technical community that we will create around FutureLearn and use this understanding to help inform the future development of the product
- You can empathise with, engage and build close relationships with a diverse range of people from senior academics to IT teams and build trust
- You have the ability to build connections and understand how to instigate action in large and complex organisations
- You can deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions and integrations
- You have a willingness to travel and spend time on the ground with partners including Europe, US and Australia and work irregular hours (with flexible working hours to support this)
- You are highly organised and able to help partners run integration projects
- You are friendly and approachable and great at communicating complex issues to a range of both to internal and external stakeholders
- You are entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- You understand technical implementations and able to communicate these
- Experience of having set up and run Customer Success processes and workflows
- Experience of line management
- A background in software engineering
- Ability to develop on the FutureLearn Ruby on Rails code base where required
- An understanding of higher education and tools that are commonly used
- Technical writing skills
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver ProgrammeGreat coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description . This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
Please contact [email protected] if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.