Department: People and Culture Team
Reporting to: Senior Recruitment Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden: This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have a fantastic career opportunity for an experienced hands-on internal recruitment advisor to join our People and Culture Team to help us grow our workforce while delivering a world-class inclusive and diverse hiring process across the company.
In this rewarding and challenging role, you will manage the recruitment life-cycle from facilitating job brief meetings with managers, to sourcing, longlisting, conducting interviews and advising on salary negotiations. You will recruit permanent and contract roles at all levels across multiple business areas including technology, product management, design, business development and more.
You will be an experienced internal recruitment advisor, or talent acquisition specialist with strong organisational and administration skills. You will provide expert advice around best practice recruitment methods and ensure the highest sourcing, speed/quality of hire and candidate experience standards.
The ideal candidate will also have strong direct sourcing skills and significant expertise in recruiting for a high volume of roles. Strong communication skills are required, along with the proven ability to work on one’s own initiative. In return you will have a great opportunity to develop your career in an inclusive and dynamic organisation.
· Manage the full recruitment cycle from sourcing, shortlisting, arranging and conducting interviews to salary negotiations and closing.
· Work closely with hiring managers across the business to gain a strong operational understanding of their client business area and use this knowledge to advise on recruitment process and diverse sourcing strategy.
· Manage the delivery of recruitment projects.
· Develop new ideas to reach a diverse pool of talent, improve the hiring experience for hiring managers and candidates, and create efficiency.
· Support the Senior Recruitment Manager to build FutureLearn’s employer brand and a network of potential talent through promoting our company and representing us at recruitment fairs, events and in blog posts.
· Guide, coach and mentor hiring managers through process improvements.
· Establish close partnerships with schools, colleges, universities and charities to build a pipeline of potential talent.
· Develop and use recruitment metrics and identify areas for improvement.
· Keep up to date with industry trends and best practice and share back with the wider company.
· In depth knowledge of managing, co-ordinating and delivering the full internal recruitment cycle.
· You’re comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and delivering high-quality work at the speed required to grow our company.
· You understand the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion and can demonstrate how to optimise recruitment processes to build a diverse company.
· Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and databases.
· Working knowledge of a wide range of selection methods and direct sourcing techniques.
· Excellent communicator with the ability to build rapport across all levels of the business.
· Proficient in the use of social media and knowledge of job boards/networks for various disciplines.
· Experience of recruitment delivery in a digital environment is desirable.
- £25k-£35k depending on skills & experience
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description . This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
RECRUITMENT AT FUTURELEARN
Please contact [email protected], if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.