FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are expanding our marketing team and looking to recruit a data analyst. As an integral part of the marketing team, you will be supporting this team and the company with marketing data analysis. The ideal candidate would be a data analyst with a background in Google Analytics, SQL and data mining, helping inform business decisions based on accurate interpretation of data.
Specifically, your main objectives will be building up ready-to-use data sets, exploring and analysing them with scientific methods, inferring informative and meaningful insights from raw data, with an ability to significantly contribute to the work and the decision-making process of the teams around the company. Your focus will be on customer retention and engagement, ensuring we have a deep understanding of who our customers are, why and when they shop, how they interact with our products and what their lifetime value is.
In particular, you will focus on answering queries as well as setting up your own queries to expose patterns of activity for our courses and learners, which will help refine marketing activities. As part of FutureLearn you will be able to work within a stimulating, multidisciplinary, inclusive and diverse working environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork (AGILE framework), personal initiatives and career growth.
- Data wrangling of pre-processed data stored in databases
- Data exploration, analysis and visualization / reporting
- Creating and maintaining dashboards to facilitate regular insight-sharing
- Understanding, interpreting and communicating data-driven insights to the teams
- Evaluating, recommending, and helping to make and implement insight-driven decisions, improvements and experiments
- Recommending and helping to implement improvements to data collection, storage and processing to facilitate its analysis
- Helping to prioritise and respond to team requests of data and information according to the scope of the project (business, research, etc.)
- Experienced in and knowledge of statistical and analytics techniques, including propensity modelling, segmentation, pricing and discounting revenue modelling, incl price elasticity of demand, churn analysis, clustering, etc
- Commercially-minded with the ability to translate analysis findings into revenue generating initiatives
You must be:
- Numerate, statistics and data literate
- Self-sufficient with web analytics packages
- Hold strong SQL and Google Analytics skills
- Experienced in analysing large data sets
- Experienced in analysing marketing campaigns
- Experienced in interpreting and developing insights from customer databases
- Strong academic background
- Knowledge of Python desirable
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description . This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
The closing date for application is on at midnight UK time.
Please contact [email protected], if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.