FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by leading universities around the globe and cultural institutions such as The British Library, BFI and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over seven million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 15 million enrolments on our ‘massive online open courses’ (known as MOOCs).
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
About the role
As Marketing Assistant in the FutureLearn Marketing Team you support our team to work efficiently with world-class universities and other partners from around the globe to deliver a portfolio of high quality, marketable online courses. You are a self-motivated individual with a creative mind and a can do-attitude.
You will work closely with our team of Marketing Managers, content and email marketing executives, copywriters, PR and the wider multidisciplinary team at FutureLearn.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills within Marketing as you identify areas of interest. You will report to the Senior Marketing Manager and be fully embedded into the Marketing Team.
How we work
FutureLearn is a collaborative environment where you will work with a range of people from different disciplines. We communicate a lot: face-to-face, over email, using Slack, and over video calls. We work together to help people improve their skills, and we reflect on our ways of working to improve the FutureLearn experience for our learners, our partners and our staff.
We are looking for someone who is curious, thinks critically, is eager to learn and keen to use their experience to help and support others. We will encourage you to set yourself regular goals to help develop your career.
- To support others in the marketing team to market high-quality online courses across key channels.
- To support marketing with measuring and tracking campaigns and project performance.
- To source, curate and publish learner testimonials.
- To support the marketing team by producing reports and other material for internal and external meetings and workshops.
- To support the marketing team to develop the FutureLearn brand.
- Support the Marketing Team with the planning, measurement and delivery of projects/campaigns.
- Provide support to the email marketing strategy to help with email sends and reporting.
- Manage and respond to queries from learners via our social media support inbox, to help ensure they have meaningful and positive experiences with FutureLearn.
- Collect learner testimonials and build these in our various communication channels.
- Setup and create custom audiences on Facebook for paid marketing promotion (and tracking).
- Support the Marketing Team with promotional partnerships and course uploads onto third party providers.
- Manage the production of a quarterly e-newsletter to our MOOC aggregators.
- Work with the Content Marketing Executive to support content creation and development on our social media channels.
- Assist in market research of events, market trends and competitors.
- Take part in away days and learning hours.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of producing reports and presentations (e.g written reports, slides, video presentations).
- Resilient, motivated and proactive.
- Ability to track and prioritise a complex set of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in team and project support.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Organised and able to work independently, but you also know when to ask for help.
- Creative with the ability to share ideas with confidence.
- Approachable and conversational.
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Office/Google Docs
- Degree in Marketing would be advantageous.
- Some experience of having worked as part of a marketing team.
- Experience of using collaborative tools (e.g Trello, Slack, Google documents).
- Genuine interest in technology, learning and the digital transformation in education.
- Ability to make marketing judgements and recommendations based on standards and guidelines (e.g. branding, rights, style, technical specifications etc).
- Experience of writing blog content and email marketing.
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit
- Complimentary breakfast
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.