Key Account Director
FutureLearn is one of the world’s leading online learning organisations. We partner with the many of the top universities and educational institutions from around the world to create free online courses, available to anyone in the world with an internet connection, and to offer scalable learning solutions.
FutureLearn has experienced exponential growth since its launch in 2013 and is now expanding its Partner Development team. This is an incredibly exciting time to join a highly successful, innovative and entrepreneurial business. The purpose of this role is to work with partners seeking to use FutureLearn to deliver their full academic programmes and develop the wider course portfolio on FutureLearn.
You will join a team of experienced key account managers to deepen relationships with existing university partners and provide advice and support to them in the achievement of their digital strategies in partnership with FutureLearn. The aim is to ensure FutureLearn remains a trusted and valued partner in devising and delivering a wide range of marketable programmes aimed at addressing global continuing professional development and transnational education markets.
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships Development, you be a critical member of the partnerships team, with a strong working knowledge of digital trends and developments within the international higher education sector. You will work with senior managers and digital teams at higher education institutions to advise on the selection and delivery of successful programmes and qualifications, either blended or fully online. You will collaborate with internal teams to deliver the full suite of products and services available to partners. You will also provide support to the wider activities of the Partnerships team.
You will be expected to:
- Manage highly valued key accounts, discussing the state of existing activity and identifying new opportunities
- Develop, present and discuss rich data and analysis to help identify programmes with high commercial potential for the university partner and FutureLearn
- To monitor and support the implementation of significant programmes being delivered by university partners on FutureLearn.com
- To discuss the exciting affordances of the FutureLearn platform, leveraging your detailed knowledge of its capabilities
- To ensure that university partners are aware of, and draw upon, the full range of services available from FutureLearn
This is not a remote working role and the ad will close when we have enough applications to begin shortlisting
You will have:
- Strong experience of key account management, especially building and managing a diverse range of relationships within universities, or an equivalent organisation, to deliver concrete commercial objectives and results
- Experience of generating and discussing market insight with senior members of faculties to support sound commercial choices around course selection and promotion
- A working knowledge of university VLE/LMS systems, student registration and assessment processes to engage in early discussions on using FutureLearn for academic programmes
- A proven record of high achievement, being outgoing, confident and willing to roll up your sleeves to play an important part in growing an extraordinary, forward thinking, company
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets consistently
- A passion for education, especially higher education.
- Comfort presenting to groups to deliver key messages and handle questions effectively
- Naturally collaborative in a multi-disciplinary team, flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit.
- Perkbox ( i,.e Taste card, free mobile phone insurance, gym discounts and restaurant discounts)