Marketing Manager ( Maternity Leave Cover)
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and full online degrees run by the world’s leading universities from around the globe, and cultural institutions such as The British Museum, BFI, and the British Council. Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives.
FutureLearn is seeking an experienced, commercially focussed marketing manager to help define and showcase our commercial offering to our learners and partners. The role will be part of the marketing team, reporting to the Marketing Director, but will sit with our Learner Sales team who are responsible for driving conversion to sales and revenue.
The ideal candidate will own a comprehensive marketing program that increases awareness and drives adoption of our paid-for products and services by developing our market positioning, proposition development for new products and identifying and executing promotional activities. The candidate will develop an in-depth understanding of our learners, partners and their respective goals to deliver the program.
- Partner with product, user research, and data teams to increase awareness, understand customer adoption, and drive active usage of our existing paid-for products and services
- Develop compelling, insight driven propositions for both existing and new products, working collaboratively with our product development team
- Work with our CRM lead on ongoing engagement strategy to support learners' long-term goals and offer the right products and services to them to support these and drive conversion to/sales of our paid products
- Develop and execute co-marketing opportunities with our promotional partners and employers
- Work cross-functionally to create, manage and execute marketing campaigns for our paid offering
- Inform our product priorities through a thorough understanding of our learner feedback and the competitor landscape
The ideal candidate will
- Have a proven track record of defining and executing marketing strategy to deliver on revenue and commercial goals
- Preferably have a background in ecommerce and monetising customers (freemium business model experience would be a bonus)
- Demonstrate experience of working hands-on with product and content teams in a highly collaborative and iterative way, preferably in an online product environment
- Be a concise, thoughtful and clear communicator
- Have expertise in interpreting research and platform data and turning them into clear actionable insights which can drive customer-led product experiences
- Be able to work to define goals and prioritise their own work
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas, fruit & daily breakfast.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
No recruitment agencies and please note that this is not a remote working role.