Business Development Executive (Healthcare)
Department: Content Team
Reporting to: Global Healthcare Lead
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Location: London, Camden. This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now the largest online learning platform in Europe with over eight million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and the New York Institute of Finance.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees, and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are now looking for a Business Development Executive to join the Content Team.
Healthcare is a fast moving and fascinating area, and you’ll be key in helping shape what we do to make this strategically important area really successful within FutureLearn. You’ll have the opportunity to work with many of the teams across the company, and directly with partners and a variety of healthcare organisations.
A core part of your role will be to develop the high-value portfolio of healthcare courses. This will involve having oversight of our current and proposed courses, and working closely with partners and partnership managers to make sure these are really valuable to professional learners.
You’ll be the initial point of contact for potential partners who want to work with us, exploring the business opportunity, and acting as key contact until they become partners. In priority healthcare areas, you’ll identify and proactively approach potential partners with whom we should be working.
We are increasingly involved in bidding for Government tenders. You’ll identify high priority opportunities, help plan our approach, and be involved at every point of the process.
Your work will help FutureLearn become a key partner in the delivery of high quality learning in healthcare which will help educate the world.
- Work closely with Partners, Partnership Managers, Marketing and PR/Comms teams to manage and optimise a portfolio of current and proposed healthcare courses for professionals.
- Develop potential healthcare partners, acting as a key point of contact from initial enquiry through to joining FutureLearn
- Organise (and deliver) Introductory workshops for new healthcare partners
- Attend early engagement events for Government tenders, and support the submission of FutureLearn bids for Government tenders
- Proactively identify and approach prioritised, agreed target organisations with insight led value proposition
- Prepare presentations (Keynote) and proposals for prospective partners
- Monitor market trends and publications of relevant tenders to prioritise opportunities
- Work closely with Global Healthcare Lead
- Maintain CRM records
You can see the skills required and salary range in the competencies framework for the role
- Junior-mid level relevant experience
- Evidence of commercial acumen and the ability to understand and best align FutureLearn’s offering to business needs
- Experience of working in healthcare, or has a strong desire to do so
- Ability to demonstrate strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, open minded, quick learner
- Able to communicate effectively on the phone and face-to-face
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment, with multiple priorities
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Instead of asking you to send us a CV and covering letter, we’d like you to complete this application form. It should take between 60 to 90 minutes to answer all four questions. We expect each answer to be between 150 and 400 words long. It is not possible to save your responses as ‘drafts’, so you may want to write your answers in a separate document and copy and paste them into the form when you’re happy with them.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
Please contact [email protected], if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.