Business Development Executive
Department: Business Development
Reporting to: Senior Business Development Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Location: London, Camden. This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
ABOUT FUTURELEARNFutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now the largest online learning platform in Europe with over eight million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and the New York Institute of Finance.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees, and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
We are now looking for a Business Development Executive who will join the new Employers & Public Education team. You will help grow our network of clients by connecting with businesses and organisations to help them reinvent corporate training and address skills gaps. Your work will help identify potential opportunities and win funding for large-scale projects that help educate the world.
- Handle incoming B2B enquiries and work to propose deals (vouchers and Learning Manager deals)
- Proactively identify and approach leads
- Prepare presentations (Keynote) and proposals for prospective clients
- Sales pipeline management and keeping CRM up to date
- Monitor market trends and publications of relevant tenders, and prioritise opportunities
- Attend trade shows and events in order to foster relationships with existing clients and connect with new prospects
- Work closely with and report into the Senior Business Development Manager
- Junior-mid relevant experience
- Evidence commercial acumen and ability to understand client’s needs and win deals
- Ability to demonstrate strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, open minded, quick learner
- Able to communicate effectively on the phone and face-to-face
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment
- £25k - £30k depending on experience
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
Please contact [email protected], if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.