Senior Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Location: London, Camden. This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now the largest online learning platform in Europe with over eight million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and the New York Institute of Finance.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees, and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the CMO, this is a consumer orientated, acquisition focused role. The Senior Marketing Manager will drive the efficiency and global growth of all organic channels, including SEO and social media, to achieve the revenue target for the Consumer area of the business.
- Managing key organic channels including SEO and social media
- Helping to shape the goals of the Consumer part of the business working alongside the other senior members of the marketing and product teams
- Creating and delivering against a robust acquisition plan for the year to meet quarterly revenue targets
- Analysing performance and driving core insights from data in order to suggest, create and execute strategies to improve performance
- Managing any third-party SEO, link building and social media agencies
- Working with the product team to optimise conversion rates for organic traffic and helping shape product changes to drive organic acquisition
- Supporting the SEO needs of the Educational Partnerships and Employers & Public Education teams
- Working closely with other members from the marketing team to support, inform and enhance paid acquisition, retention and customer lifetime value initiatives
- Experience of leading large-scale international SEO projects
- Significant digital marketing and analytics experience
- Deep understanding of SEO concepts and up to date best practices
- Experience in collaborating with both developers and marketers to accomplish SEO objectives
- Knowledge of technologies & web design principles and their effect on SEO.
- Experience of implementing content-focused and technical SEO tactics
- Extensive experience with software for data, tracking, and analytics, including SEMRush and/or Moz Pro, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Planner, Google * PageSpeed Insights, advanced Excel, etc.
- Experience of conversion rate optimisation best practices.
- A sharp eye for detail and a strong sense of what types of creative assets will be both effective for organic growth and conversion and representative of the FutureLearn brand
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
Please contact [email protected], if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.