Partnership Manager (12 months FTC)
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by leading universities around the globe and cultural institutions such as The British Museum, BFI and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
As a Partnership Manager in the FutureLearn content team you work efficiently with world-class partners from around the globe to deliver a portfolio of high-quality, marketable online courses which uphold FutureLearn’s vision of social learning. You are passionate about the potential of online education at scale. You have a fabulous eye for detail and love collaboration.
The role reports to either the Head of Content or a Senior Partnership Manager, works closely with other Partnership Managers, our Learning Developer and Social Lead and the wider multidisciplinary team at FutureLearn.
- To liaise with and support FutureLearn partners in the scheduling, development, delivery and review of FutureLearn courses
- To ensure partners meet deadlines for the submission of course ideas and course materials
- To share best practice with partners on course creation for the FutureLearn platform
- To assure the adherence of courses to FutureLearn’s quality criteria and guidelines, and to iterate and improve processes and guidelines
- To liaise with FutureLearn partners to help manage collaborations on course creation and delivery.
- To develop relationships with partners and clients to encourage development of courses that meet FutureLearn’s strategic aims and company targets
- To assist in the development and recruitment of new and potential partners
- To represent the content team in cross-company projects and workstreams
- To work with product development teams to help prioritise and scope requirements for platform features.
- Manage a number of partner accounts as first point of contact with partners’ project leads
- Facilitate the generation, submission, scheduling and sharing of course ideas by partners to support FutureLearn’s content strategy
- Communicate platform features development with partners, gathering feedback where necessary to iterate
- Work closely with FutureLearn marketing team to ensure that course pages are optimised to attract learners
- Manage the submission of course materials by partners to meet agreed deadlines for Quality Assurance purposes
- Liaise with partners to ensure adherence to FutureLearn’s course quality criteria, technical, branding and editorial guidelines, including sharing of pedagogical and learning design best practice, feedback on courses and detailed discussion of any contentious issues
- Work with FutureLearn Studio on projects where partners and clients are paying for content team expertise
- Work with the Head of Content to improve processes and guidelines around scheduling, prioritisation and Quality Assurance
- In collaboration with the Social Lead, to advise partners on the social aspects of their courses, helping them to make best use of FutureLearn's social features and consider inclusivity and accessibility of activities planned for third-party platforms.
- Share insights from content team within cross-company workstreams and to the company as a whole
- Induct new partners in FutureLearn best practice to ensure delivery of high-quality courses in a timely manner
- Share data and insight with partners on their own courses and from the wider partnership
- Understand and learn from new approaches to content and courses among our competitors
- Communicate platform and company strategic developments with partners
- Any other content team related tasks as requested by the Senior Partnership Manager or Head of Conten
- At least 3 years experience of working in an editorial capacity for a digital product or service (either in-house or agency side)
- An interest or experience in formal or informal eLearning
- Experience working with technologists and designers in the development and delivery of new features and functionality
- An interest or experience of digital product development and working within an agile product development process
- Experience in complex stakeholder/account/client management
- Experience in applying guidance to do with branding, rights and editorial policy
- Fabulous eye for detail
- Able to track and prioritise a complex set of tasks
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Team player
- Passionate about the potential of massive open learning
- Resilient, motivated and proactive
- Able to use initiative to troubleshoot and problem solve
- £30K - £45K dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday, plus eight public holidays
- Buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.