Reporting to: Senior Marketing Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden, you must have the right to work in the UK
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and the University of Groningen. We also offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run thousands of online courses that have attracted 9 million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 22 million enrolments. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in the extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, this is an instrumental role in helping FutureLearn achieve customer growth and continue to raise brand awareness through search engine optimisation (SEO). By providing SEO analysis and recommendations, along with tangible improvements to the site, the successful candidate will help FutureLearn transform access to education.
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager to optimise the FutureLearn platform for SEO.
- Working with the wider company including, but not limited to, copywriters, designers, developers and our digital marketing agency by providing analysis and recommendations to improve FutureLearn’s visibility in search, on and off platform.
- Collecting and analysing data and results, identifying SEO opportunities for FutureLearn.
- Perform ongoing keyword research to contribute towards optimising both existing and new content.
- Planning and executing link building campaigns.
- Championing SEO across the company to ensure all projects are SEO considered.
- Carry out daily tasks to improve site visibility.
- Carry out monthly competitor research and present findings to the team.
- Experience in using a variety of tools including Moz, Similar Web, Google Analytics and Trello to carry out SEO tasks and manage projects.
- Aware of the latest SEO best practices and techniques.
- Understanding of technical SEO best practices and able to work on content optimisation.
- Experience carrying out keyword research and prioritisation.
- Understanding of link building for SEO and experience working on successful link outreach campaigns.
- A strong team player with experience working with people cross functionally.
- Attentive to detail and can use this to identify technical or content issues on-site.
- Interest in content planning and development.
- Able to work on a CMS and confidently carry out SEO implementations.
- Good communicator that can simplify SEO to wider teams.
- Confident using tools such as: Moz, Similar Web, Google Analytics, Trello, Google Sheets/Docs or similar tools.
- Up to date with recent developments in the search space.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work at a fast pace on projects with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of HTML desirable.
- £25,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description . This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
The closing date for application is on Wednesday 17th at midnight UK time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.