Reporting to: Content Marketing Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Location: London, Camden. This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now the largest online learning platform in Europe with over eight million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and the New York Institute of Finance.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees, and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re now looking for a copywriter with demonstrable SEO and UX experience to join our growing team in Camden, London, UK. We’re looking for someone creative, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for creating engaging, persuasive copy.
You’ll be working with our marketing, UX/UI design and research teams, as well as other copywriters. You will:
- help us to maintain and develop our tone of voice and consistency across the platform
- join a small number of copywriters, sharing responsibilities and expertise
- write and iteratively improve UI copy for new products, services and user experiences
- propose, write and edit copy for multiple touchpoints (CRM, social, editorial, video)
The successful candidate will be part of a growing Copywriting team and will report directly to our Content Marketing Manager.
- Interested in the world of education and curious to learn something new everyday
- Appreciative of the needs of international audiences e.g. consciously writing in plain English for non-native English speakers
- Comfortable working collaboratively, on a digital product, across multiple teams
- Skilled at juggling a diverse workload – from ad hoc copy edits to major projects
- Experienced at writing a variety of copy – from microcopy to landing pages to transactional emails
- Open to working with research and data teams to inform your writing style and continually improve copy on the platform
- Happy to switch between informative and editorial copy, applying the FutureLearn tone of voice
- Able to demonstrate a history of working closely with UX/UI Designers and developers in an agile environment
- Willing to embrace narrative, conversational and user-focused design
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
Please contact [email protected], if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.