FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
We are looking for a CRM manager to help us complete our migration to the Mapp digital marketing platform and to continue to evolve, optimise and execute on our CRM strategy
Our CRM manager will:
- Champion the value of great CRM and influence key internal stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
- Develop and optimise CRM strategy in response to changes to product, company strategy or evolving customer insights
- Create best in class customer activation and retention programmes to drive repeat activity and purchases and work with our product teams to implement
- Ensure we take a test and learn approach to optimising all our CRM campaigns and that we develop clear KPIs and success measures.
- Work hand in hand with our data and UX research teams in conducting ongoing in-depth consumer analysis to understand our learner motivations and behaviours and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Lead the optimisation of FutureLearn’s learner contact strategy across email, web and social and where appropriate develop propensity models to identify opportunities to work across channels.
- Inform our approaches to segmentation, personalisation and recommendations across all learner communications based on analytics, consumer research and your experience
- Work effectively with product and data teams to complete the migration of our email programmes to the Mapp digital marketing platform
- Analyse and report on successes and failures across programmes
- Line manage our email marketing executive
Essential skills and experience
- Proven track record of evolving, planning and executing CRM strategies to deliver strong performing email programmes, with a clear view on KPIs and what success looks like
- Strong understanding of the customer lifecycle and how to influence customer behaviour
- Team player who can see how CRM operates as part of a broader marketing strategy and how channels work together to drive performance e.g. email and social
- Hands-on self-starter who is performance focused and eager to drive continuous test and learn processes across programmes
- In depth knowledge of email, and experience with test & learn programmes, especially with regards to segmentation and personalisation
- Good analytical skills with experience of and comfort with working in a data-driven environment to create actionable insights and measurement
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills across functions within and beyond marketing
- Experience in mentoring, coaching and/or line managing others
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Experience querying databases in SQL would be desirable
- Experience developing and optimising programmes with SCRM and push technologies
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit
- Complimentary breakfast
Please include a CV and a cover letter outlining what you are looking for in your next role and also highlight how your previous experience prepares you for the role we are offering
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.