Reporting to: Senior People Advisor
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden and you must have the right to work in the UK
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and the University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run thousands of online courses that have attracted 9 million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 22 million enrolments. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in the extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the Head of People Operations to deliver a fast and efficient HR service to employees within FutureLearn. You will ensure the smooth running of the department and help to streamline processes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating employee records and managing administrative processes.
You will be expected to manage the following:
- Be the first point of contact for people queries and assist with day to day people operations
- Manage the new starter process including offer letters and contracts
- Process DBS applications where necessary
- Manage employee references and any ad hoc requests
- Maintain and update PeopleHR, employee files, spreadsheets and other HR systems
- Maintain org charts on SmartDraw
- Draft and issue employment change letters
- Manage the intake of work experience students
- Create People presentation slides for company-wide updates
- Gather reports for team leads and managers or when advised by the Head of People Operations
- Develop and analyse quarterly people Metrics reports, and operational metrics reports for the board
- Produce and update reports as requested by the Finance team
Ad hoc Recruitment Support
- During high volume recruitment, assisting with booking of interviews and liaising with candidates
- Diary management
- Send payroll instructions each month and liaise with the Open University payroll department
Manage benefits administration for the following:
- Buying and selling holiday
- Season ticket Loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
Service Agreements and Contracts
- Issue sole trader & Ltd company contracts, track their end dates and issue extensions when required
- Track end dates for all fixed term contracts, and issue extensions when required
- Manage the probation process
- Conduct the HR induction for all new starters
- Arrange meetings with key stakeholders for new employees
- Review and update the ‘Welcome to FutureLearn’ induction course
- Manage the leavers process
- Complete the quarterly exit interview SWOT analysis for leaver
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must display strong interpersonal skills and initiative
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally
- Must be able to confidently communicate with people at all levels across the business
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyse information for reporting
- Must be able to prioritise and plan work activities for effective time management
- Must be organised, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Previous experience working in a busy HR Department is essential
- Having a background in producing HR Metrics for reporting is essential
● 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
● Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
● Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
● Cycle to work scheme
● Season Ticket loan
● Flexible working environment/hours
● Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
● OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
● Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description. This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
Please contact [email protected] if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.