Business Development Intern
ROLE: 3 months Internship
LOCATION: British Library, Kings Cross, London
FutureLearn is a start-up founded by The Open University and offers a diverse range of free, high quality online courses from over 100 of the world’s leading universities and other outstanding cultural institutions such as the British Museum, the BFI, the BBC and the British Council. Since launching at the end of 2013, we have attracted over 5 million learners, who have registered from all over the world.
FutureLearn’s vision is to give everyone, everywhere access to learning so that they’re able to solve both personal and world challenges. Our mission is to pioneer the best social learning experiences, which are flexible, effective and rewarding.
We are seeking an enthusiastic recent graduate to join our Business Development team for a 3 month internship. In this role you will contribute towards our mission of pioneering within the Edtech space, expanding our partnership network and bringing great courses to our learners. With the support and guidance from our Partner Development Manager you will generate market intelligence, help with our CRM system and collaborate with the rest of the company. You will be joining a small but effective team providing focus to a dedicated set of prospects across multiple sectors at both a strategic and executional level.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Cleaning data base and ensuring we have all contacts of relevant Universities' senior management teams up to date.
- Finding new relevant leads (contacts) within the organisational structure of the Universities.
- Track ranking movements on the THE and QS tables to assess if we can expand our target pool.
- Get our presentations professionally designed and create consistency among the team.
- Recent Bachelor or Masters Degree
- Interest in sales and business development
- You will have a genuine passion for technology, learning and the digital transformation in education
- Ideally, you will have prior experience carrying out market research and working with databases
- Self-motivated, organised, and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets consistently
- Naturally collaborative in a multi-disciplinary team, flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- A proven high achiever, outgoing, confident and willing to roll up your sleeves to play an important part in growing an extraordinary, forward thinking, company that believes in delivering the best open learning experiences on the internet
- Paid Internship
- Flexible working environment
- Great coffee, teas & fruit.
- Subsidised restaurant for breakfast and lunch at the British Library