Partnership and Online Degrees Team Assistant
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and full online degrees run by the world’s leading universities from around the globe, and cultural institutions such as The British Museum, BFI, and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
FutureLearn has experienced exponential growth since its launch in 2013 and is looking for a Team Assistant for the Partnerships and Online Degrees teams.
You will be joining a small but effective team providing focus to a dedicated set of prospective and existing partners across multiple sectors at both a strategic and executional level.
This role is repetitive and requires good attention to detail. It would ideally suit a candidate who has an interest in developing their admin/secretarial skills further.
Reporting to the Partnerships Support Lead, you will be the support person for the Partnerships Team.
You will be expected to:
- Fulfil complex diary management (including trip itineraries)
- Populate contacts and activity using Pipedrive (CRM)
- Have a proven ability to write succinctly and clearly
- Provide support for the partner development team’s travel abroad (and in the UK) and meeting agendas
- Minute taking
- Give access to course creator and partners website
- Book travel and accommodation for the team (including visas)
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for the Partnerships Support Lead and Marketing and Partnership Team Assistant role
- Assist with large meeting arrangements, ensuring agendas and pre reads are made available
- Meet and greet guests in a professional manner
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office capability.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Pipedrive or similar CRM system
- Demonstrated success in team and project support
- Professional phone and email manner
- Self-motivated, organised, and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets consistently
- An interest in the evolution of online learning
- Naturally collaborative in a multi-disciplinary team, flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas, fruit & daily breakfast.
Please note that this role is based in Camden therefore it is not a remote working role and you need to have right to work in the UK to be considered.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
No recruitment agencies and please note that this is not a remote working role.