Digital Project Manager
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and full online degrees run by the world’s leading universities from around the globe, and cultural institutions such as The British Museum, BFI, and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we have seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs. Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
FutureLearn Studio creates high quality social learning courses for clients and partners, and also enables broad delivery of client and partner projects. These projects range from adapting an existing online course for the FutureLearn platform, to collaborating on Govt initiatives to enabling the creation of online degrees for university partners.
We’re looking for an energetic Project Manager with a range of experience to oversee the delivery of key client and partner projects in our FutureLearn Studio team.
They will coordinate internal resources, external suppliers and freelance contractors so that every project runs like clockwork. They will delight clients and stakeholders with their communication and reporting skills, and will always have one eye on the budget.
THE PROJECT MANAGER’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist during the project definition phase, writing scoping documents and Statements of Work.
· Agree achievable deliverables and timescales with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
· Create a plan with deliverables and timescales and share it with all relevant stakeholders
· Coordinate any internal resources and third party suppliers during the delivery phase.
· Understand and articulate the resourcing levels needed to deliver on this plan and how this resourcing interacts with other projects owned by them or others
· Ensure their projects are delivered on time and within scope and budget.
· Identify and manage any risks that could affect the project’s success.
· Measure and report on the project’s performance against FutureLearn KPIs and client’s objectives.
· Where necessary, train and develop the clients’ understanding of FutureLearn’s product and platform features.
You must have demonstrable experience of:
· Overseeing large and small-scale projects for consumer-facing brands or products, ideally technology driven.
· Proven ability to collaborate with and coordinate the work of teams, including external suppliers (e.g. Academics, Learning Designers, Content Producers, Graphic Designers, Filmmakers, etc).
· Communicating clearly with clients and stakeholders, with superlative interpersonal communication skills, tact and diplomacy; whether face-to-face, in writing, or using web-conferencing tools.
· Managing multiple projects in parallel.
· Ensuring deliverables are provided on time and according to specification.
· Writing bulletproof project plans, budgets and scoping documents which show you’re razor sharp on the little details.
· Producing project status reports that are a delight to read and easy to understand.
· Adept at eliminating unnecessary ‘noise’, allowing other team members to focus on their priorities.
· Getting stuff done with cloud-based project management and collaborative tools (e.g. Trello, Google Docs, Slack).
· A talent for influencing and negotiating with others.
It would be really great if you also have:
· Some experience working in learning or education (e.g. working on MOOCs, e-learning, content websites or apps).
· Some hands-on experience of web content management systems and/or video production.
· Some experience of collaborating with a cross-functional agile development team.
· Some experience of collaborating with remote teams and clients around the world.
· A thirst for learning new things.
· A passion for all things digital and social.
· A passion for digital technology and the latest innovations in e-learning.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)