Content Marketing Manager
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by leading universities around the globe and cultural institutions such as The British Library, BFI and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 15 million enrolments on our ‘massive online open courses’ (known as MOOCs).
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The aim of the marketing team at FutureLearn is to drive new and existing learners to enrol on a range of courses, from short courses to full online degrees. Content is at the heart of our business. This means, as the content marketing manager, you will play a big part in helping FutureLearn get more people learning all over the world.
You will create and develop a content marketing strategy, and develop strong relationships with internal teams, partners and third party suppliers, (including agencies where budget permits) in order to make it happen. You will also work closely with all parts of the marketing team including growth marketing, CRM, partner marketing and design in order to meet our team goals and improve conversion.
While data should be a fundamental part of your decision-making, creativity and a commitment to it is vital You will be experienced in delivering interesting content across a range of channels including web, social, blog and video. You will also be well versed in SEO and be able write and guide on copy. You will lead a small team of a copywriter and a content marketing exec.
The role will oversee the delivery of all of FutureLearn’s public facing marketing and promotional content, in partnership with the Marketing Managers and Creative Director you will:
● Develop a deep understanding of FutureLearn’s learner segments, and craft a content marketing strategy based on learner insights
● Set the broad content marketing strategy in line with the wider marketing and business goals, defining which channels FutureLearn uses to reach which audiences, and ensuring that appropriate and consistent content and messaging is used across each
● Produce, distribute, analyse and report on content with support from the marketing, design and product teams
● Maintain a content calendar and content planning schedule, and collaborate with our internal team to create compelling content for distribution
● Help uphold and develop FutureLearn’s brand:, ensuring the use of tone of voice and style guidelines, in collaboration with the UX Research & Design team
● Manage a team comprising a Copywriter and a Content Marketing Executive, supporting them to deliver a range of copy and content-related projects for internal customers, across FutureLearn’s strategic teams
● Work with FutureLearn’s Portfolio Development team, to prioritise courses and schedule them thematically at key points throughout the year, to enable more effective content marketing. Feed these priorities and themes into the Learner Growth and wider marketing teams, to enable campaign planning and execution
● Analyse and monitor the effectiveness of content marketing, optimising strategy, content and messaging to improve performance, and feed results back into the course prioritisation and scheduling process
● SEO and content marketing experience, creating high performing content for multiple audiences and channels
● Experience in working with a platform based business, but experience of the education sector is not a pre-requisite
● Experience of working in an agile development environment preferred
● Understanding of how each campaign affects the various parts of the funnel and customer journey
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team building skills
● Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems through testing and learning
● Ability to work with cross-functional teams including marketing, product development, design and UX
● Excellent writing ability
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit and daily breakfast
- Complimentary breakfast
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.