Content Marketing Manager
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by leading universities around the globe and cultural institutions such as The British Library, BFI and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the People Lead to deliver a fast and efficient HR service to employees within FutureLearn. You will ensure the smooth running of the department and help to streamline processes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating employee records and managing administrative processes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role reports to the Head of Marketing, and will lead the content marketing strategy at FutureLearn. The aim of the marketing team at FutureLearn is to drive new and existing learners to enrol on a range of courses, from short taster courses to full online degrees. As content is at the heart of our business, the content marketing role is pivotal to our success and embedding content marketing at the heart of everything we do.
You will own the content marketing strategy and will need to develop strong relationships with internal teams, partners and third party suppliers, including agencies where budget permits. You will work closely with other parts of the marketing team including growth marketing, CRM, partner marketing and design to deliver on our goals and a user experience that optimises for conversion. Data should be at the heart of everything that you do and decisions you make. You will be experienced in delivering content across a range of channels including web, social, blog and video. You will also be well versed in SEO and be able write and guide on excellent copy. You will lead a small team of a copywriter and a content marketing exec.
The role will oversee the delivery of all of FutureLearn’s public facing marketing and promotional content, in partnership with the and Marketing Managers and Creative Director you will:
● Develop a deep understanding of FutureLearn’s learner segments, and craft a content
marketing strategy based on learner insights
● Set the broad content marketing strategy in line with the wider marketing and
business goals, defining which channels FutureLearn uses to reach which audiences,
and ensuring that appropriate and consistent content and messaging is used across
● Produce, distribute, analyse and report on content with support from the marketing,
design and product teams
● Maintain a content calendar and content planning schedule, and collaborate with our
internal team to create compelling content for distribution
● Be a guardian of FutureLearn’s brand, setting its tone of voice and style guidelines, in
collaboration with the UX Research & Design team, as part of the overall brand
● Manage a team comprising a Copywriter and a Content Marketing Executive,
supporting them to deliver a range of copy and content-related projects for internal
customers, across FutureLearn’s strategic teams
● Work with FutureLearn’s Portfolio Development team, to prioritise courses and
schedule them thematically at key points throughout the year, to enable more
effective content marketing. Feed these priorities and themes into the Learner
Growth and wider marketing teams, to enable campaign planning and execution
● Analyse and monitor the effectiveness of content marketing, optimising strategy,
content and messaging to improve performance, and feed results back into the
course prioritisation and scheduling process.
● Minimum 3 years of SEO and content marketing experience, creating high
performing content for multiple audiences and channels
● Experience in working with a platform based business, but experience of the
education sector is not a pre-requisite
● Experience of working in an agile development environment preferred
● Understanding of how each campaign affects the various parts of the funnel and
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team building skills
● Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems through testing
● Ability to work with cross-functional teams including marketing, product development,
design and UX
● Excellent copywriting ability
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit and daily breakfast
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.