UX Writer (Part-time, FTC until September 2018)
FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by leading universities around the globe and cultural institutions such as The British Library, BFI and the British Council.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 15 million enrolments on our MOOCs.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We’re now looking for a UX Writer to join our friendly team in Camden, London, UK, for three days each week. This will be on a fixed-term contract until September 2018.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working closely with UX/UI Designers and Researchers, Developers, Product Managers and Marketers, to:
- write UI copy for new products and services
- iteratively improve existing user experiences
- help us maintain our tone of voice and keep it consistent across the platform.
The successful candidate will be part of our UX Research & Design team and will report directly to our UX Lead.
- comfortable with working collaboratively, in an agile environment, on a digital product or service between different teams
- able to demonstrate a history of working closely with UX/UI Designers on complex challenges
- experienced at writing a variety of interface content – from microcopy to landing pages to transactional emails
- able to write copy in line with our existing tone of voice
- knowledgeable about user-centred design methodologies
- working with user research and data to inform your writing style and keep improving copy on the platform
- appreciative of the needs of international audiences and familiar with writing for non-native English speakers
- skilled at juggling a diverse workload – from ad hoc copy edits to major projects
- interested in the world of education and curious to learn something new every day.
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit and daily breakfast
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!