FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
As a Partnership Manager in the FutureLearn content team you work efficiently with world-class partners from around the globe to deliver a portfolio of high-quality, marketable online courses which uphold FutureLearn’s vision of social learning. You are passionate about the potential of online education at scale. You have a fabulous eye for detail and love collaboration.
The team is lead by our Head of Content. You will report to a Senior Partnership Manager, working closely with other Partnership Managers, our Learning Developer and the wider multidisciplinary team at FutureLearn.
- To liaise with and support FutureLearn partners in the scheduling, development, delivery and review of FutureLearn courses
- To ensure partners meet deadlines for the submission of course ideas and course materials
- To share best practice with partners on course creation for the FutureLearn platform
- To assure the adherence of courses to FutureLearn’s quality criteria and guidelines, and to iterate and improve processes and guidelines
- To liaise with FutureLearn partners to help manage collaborations on course creation and delivery.
- To develop relationships with partners and clients to encourage development of courses that meet FutureLearn’s strategic aims and company targets
- To advise partners on relationships with third parties such as Co-Creators, Sponsors or Accreditors for a course.
- To provide insight and guidance on how partners can use FutureLearn’s products to achieve different goals
- To assist in the development and recruitment of new and potential partners
- To represent the content team in cross-company projects and workstreams
- To work with product development teams to help prioritise and scope requirements for platform features.
- Manage a number of partner accounts as first point of contact with partners’ project leads
- Facilitate the generation, submission, scheduling and sharing of course ideas by partners to support FutureLearn’s content strategy
- Communicate platform features development with partners, gathering feedback where necessary to iterate
- Work closely with FutureLearn marketing team to ensure that course pages are optimised to attract learners
- Manage the submission of course materials by partners to meet agreed deadlines for Quality Assurance purposes
- Liaise with partners to ensure adherence to FutureLearn’s course quality criteria, technical, branding and editorial guidelines, including sharing of pedagogical and learning design best practice, feedback on courses and detailed discussion of any contentious issues
- Work with FutureLearn Studio on projects where partners and clients are paying for content team expertise
- Work with the Head of Content to improve processes and guidelines around scheduling, prioritisation and Quality Assurance
- Advise partners on the social aspects of their courses, helping them to make best use of FutureLearn's social features and consider inclusivity and accessibility of activities planned for third-party platforms.
- Share insights from the Content Team within cross-company workstreams and to the company as a whole
- Induct new partners in FutureLearn best practice to ensure delivery of high-quality courses in a timely manner
- Share data and insight with partners on their own courses and from the wider partnership
- Understand and learn from new approaches to content and courses among our competitors
- Communicate platform and company strategic developments with partners
- Any other content team related tasks as requested by the Senior Partnership Manager or Head of Content
- Significant experience working with content for a digital product or service
- An interest or experience in formal or informal eLearning
- Experience working with technologists and designers in the development and delivery of new features and functionality
- An interest or experience of digital product development and working within an agile product development process
- Experience in complex stakeholder/account/client management
- Fabulous eye for detail
- Able to track and prioritise a complex set of tasks
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Team player
- Passionate about the potential of digital learning
- Resilient, motivated and proactive
- Able to use initiative to troubleshoot and problem solve
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit and daily breakfast
- Complimentary breakfast
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.