Director of Student Recruitment
Director of Student Recruitment
London, Camden, United Kingdom
Start Date: 25th June 2018
Closing Date: 25th July 2018
Salary: £80,000- £110,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we've seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in the extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
As we move deeply into the provision of online degrees by our university partners, we are looking for a Director of Student Recruitment who will help develop and augment our online acquisition and recruitment proposition.
THE ROLE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Student Recruitment will report to the Director of Partnerships & Online Degrees.
Develop and implement a robust international student recruitment strategy
- Augment the potential of futurelearn.com to be a global student acquisition and nurturing channel for universities seeking to attract people on to their FutureLearn degrees.
- Establish new, cost effective promotional and recruitment partnerships to maximise FutureLearn’s student recruitment proposition.
- Develop a suite of differentiated marketing and recruitment services to universities and other third parties, working in conjunction with the partnership development function.
- Co-build and nurture a best-in-class student recruitment function with strong content marketing, SEO and digital analytics capability, in partnership with the central Marketing team.
- Champion the role of the online degrees marketing proposition at FutureLearn to influence everything we do from strategy to sales and operations.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate our investors, management, staff and partners regarding the company’s student recruitment strategy and opportunities.
- Lead by example and promote FutureLearn’s values of thinking big, being open, empowering others, learning together and having fun.
- Strong senior director level experience of achieving significant growth in international student marketing, with experience servicing universities in Australia, the US, UK and other territories (and experience in Africa would be useful, but not essential).
- Record of developing a suite of differentiated marketing and recruitment services to universities and other third parties.
- Experience of successfully leading, developing and scaling a student recruitment team.
- Experience in developing and implementing novel strategies on CRM, paid advertising and promotional partnerships.
- Has existing relationships with lead channels globally.
- Solid experience managing campaign performance, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven ability to learn, adapt and solve problems creatively.
- Proven ability to negotiate mutually beneficial marketing partnerships.
- Bring depth of knowledge on how to create and implement data-driven marketing strategies that drive improvements in key metrics such as customer acquisition and retention.
- Strong analytical skills combined with excellent commercial judgement.
- Experience working in a collaborative and transparent environment.
- Pragmatic approach with the ability to build relationships and trust and use influence to get things done.
- Willingness to travel globally.
- Beneficial experience:
- Experience working in a start up environment
- Experience working across time zones and able to work remotely
- Contract negotiation across multiple countries
- Project management experience
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit and snacks
- Complimentary breakfast
Please submit a CV and cover letter.
Please contact [email protected] if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.