Key Account Manager
Department: Business Development
Reporting to: Key Account Director
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden. This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now the largest online learning platform in Europe with over eight million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and the New York Institute of Finance.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees, and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to work closely with FutureLearn’s key partners in delivering a set of commercially successful qualifications and short courses, built to high standards and in innovative ways, on the FutureLearn platform. You will also be expected to provide consultancy support to partners in the advancement of their broader digital strategies.
The core aim of the role is to ensure FutureLearn remains a trusted and effective partner in helping each university deliver marketable programmes to global audiences, delivered to a high standard, and in support of the wider digital transformation of the university.
You will be a critical member of the partnerships team, with a strong working knowledge of digital trends and developments in the higher education sector. You will work with senior managers and digital teams at higher education institutions to advise on the selection, promotion and delivery of programmes and qualifications, either blended or fully online.
You will collaborate with internal teams to deliver the full suite of products and services available to partners.
You will also provide support to the wider activities of the Partnerships team.
- Stay on top of the strategy and priorities of the key partners and their Faculties, and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage and extend commercial relationships within FutureLearn’s highly valued accounts, enhancing performance of existing activity and identifying new opportunities
- Be recognised as the Partner’s internal FutureLearn representative, ensuring that there is a wide understanding of the aspirations of the Partner and their expectations.
- Develop, present and discuss rich data and analysis to help identify programmes with high commercial potential for the university partner and FutureLearn
- Keep abreast of developments in the HE sector and become a trusted support for our university partners as they navigate this evolving industry
- Monitor and support the implementation of significant programmes being delivered by university partners on FutureLearn.com
- Discuss the exciting affordances of the FutureLearn platform, leveraging your detailed knowledge of its capabilities
- Ensure that university partners are aware of, and draw upon, the full range of services available from FutureLearn
- Contribute to the development of internal resources and process to support Key Account Management in a scalable way
- Strong aptitude for or experience of key account management, especially building and managing a diverse range of relationships within universities, or an equivalent organisation
- Experience of identifying and negotiating commercial transactions
- A highly organised approach to ensure partners are confident in the responsiveness and quality of support offered by FutureLearn
- The ability to discuss market insight with partners to support choices around course selection and promotion, drawing upon insight and expertise in the team
- A working knowledge of university VLE/LMS systems, student registration and assessment processes to engage in early discussions on using FutureLearn for academic programmes
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets
- A passion for education, especially higher education
- Experience of presenting to groups to deliver key messages and handle questions effectively
- Naturally collaborative in a multi-disciplinary team, flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
Please contact [email protected], if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!